

When we first found out we're going to have a baby, I made a special trip to the yarn store. I knew I wanted to knit the baby an initial blanket but of course couldn't start the initial until we would know whether to knit an "A" or a "J".I thought it would be special to write my own baby blanket pattern for the baby and knit it in a neutral color. The pattern would become that baby's own pattern. The lime green blanket is the first pattern I have ever written, and it is now known as the Annie Baby Blanket Pattern. It was a really quick and fun knit!
Then after 20 weeks I could start on the initial blanket. The pink blanket is the initial blanket that I have knit several of already, but I made a special alteration for ours ... I turned the initials sideways and did a full monogram (I just love a good monogram!). The pink blanket pattern can be found in Simple Knits for Cherished Babies by Erika Knight.

When I click on the pictures I could see the intricate details - very nice. Good job, Valerie!
ReplyDeleteOH GOOD!! I am so glad you pointed that out ... I was disappointed when I saw the pictures just now (cause you couldn't really see the initials OR the baubles on the pattern I wrote!) ... but if you click on it, you can really see it! thanks!
ReplyDelete